Skip to main content

Waiting for the Mommie Wolf

I decided this morning, that I needed to paint a wolf.  Wolves are very misunderstood on both ends of logic.  Far extreme in one direction would be fear and shooting them on sight.  The other extreme is trying to make them into domestic pets.

It is my opinion that either way, the wolf looses.  They are beautiful creatures and admired for their hierarchy of the pack.

Rudyard Kipling wrote about this in The Law of the Jungle:

"Now this is the law of the Jungle--as old and true as the sky; and the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the Wolf that shall break it must die.  As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back--For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

This baby wolf is waiting for the return of his mom.  Even though this wolf is very young, the way the painting turned out, you can see the strength of the pack in his eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Conclave

ACEO, 2.5 x 3.5 inches Watercolor, $ 18. Buy with Paypal As of this posting the Roman Catholic Cardinals are still in conclave to discover the next pope.  I'm not Roman Catholic but I do have a wonderment about the this process because it's so entwined in mystery.   This little watercolor Cardinal was at my bird feeder where he grabbed a sunflower seed and quickly flew to a tree limb to perch and enjoy.  After which he waits his turn to return.   

Little Dee, No.1

Little Dee, No. 1 - Oil on Canvas, 2 x 2 inches with Easel $20.  Buy with Paypal This is an experiment  to force myself to say more with less.  Painting with less brushwork because I have to!  Also, I don't paint on canvas, so I have to get use to that.  But I am having fun.

Otter Mug Shot No. 6

Otter Mug Shot No. 6, 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Gessoboard Buy with Paypal  $ 60. The last day of 2014 finds me in the studio being inspired to paint another River Otter.  Just love these adorable playful creatures.  This otter and artist wish all a very safe and happy New Year's eve celebration.  I have my wonderful granddaughter visiting and soon we'll be hitting the market to load up a cart full of junk food.