Skip to main content

Leftie & Mugsie

Lefty & Mugsie

4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board

I couldn't resist the naming these two little sheep this title. I took the back way home from an appointment today and on Parrish Road I noticed a small herd of sheep, most of which had the fluffy backsides, but I managed to burn into my brain the exact pair of sheep and decided they had to be painted as soon as I got home.
 
The resulting painting shown here did have some challenges is the area where lighting was starting to wain because clouds were moving that had thick and deep grayish bellies in the clouds. and this results in cooler light.and warmer shadows,  I am please with the outcome.
It will be up for auction on DPW.  Please click on the link.  Thank you  and GOD bless you with a great nite sleep.  I know I'm getting sleepy listening to the debates,,. Bob  Bates is doing a great job with controlling stumping
 
o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Conclave

ACEO, 2.5 x 3.5 inches Watercolor, $ 18. Buy with Paypal As of this posting the Roman Catholic Cardinals are still in conclave to discover the next pope.  I'm not Roman Catholic but I do have a wonderment about the this process because it's so entwined in mystery.   This little watercolor Cardinal was at my bird feeder where he grabbed a sunflower seed and quickly flew to a tree limb to perch and enjoy.  After which he waits his turn to return.   

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Little Dee, No.1

Little Dee, No. 1 - Oil on Canvas, 2 x 2 inches with Easel $20.  Buy with Paypal This is an experiment  to force myself to say more with less.  Painting with less brushwork because I have to!  Also, I don't paint on canvas, so I have to get use to that.  But I am having fun.