Skip to main content

Amy's First Shoes

"Amy's First Shoes" 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Gessoboard

Collection of the Artist

There is a paint copper challenge on Daily Paintworks.  I normally don't paint metal because...well it's difficult and I have enough problems with self esteem.  But the temptation was too great when the metal was copper.  Back in 197_ I decided to get my daughter's first pair of baby shoes dipped in copper and mounted.

Traditionally baby shoes were dipped in Bronze.  But I loved copper and it was a choice.  Some people went overboard and got their baby's shoes dipped in silver.  But not me, because I didn't want to eat macaroni and cheese more than the month it would take to save for copper. 

Let me tell you...Painting copper is harder than I feared it would be.  But after 4 scape's, I got this and I'm more than pleased.  So thank you, Carol Marine for posting the challenge.  I learned more than I should have!

Below is the actual shoes and the the actual Amy at 3 months old.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Conclave

ACEO, 2.5 x 3.5 inches Watercolor, $ 18. Buy with Paypal As of this posting the Roman Catholic Cardinals are still in conclave to discover the next pope.  I'm not Roman Catholic but I do have a wonderment about the this process because it's so entwined in mystery.   This little watercolor Cardinal was at my bird feeder where he grabbed a sunflower seed and quickly flew to a tree limb to perch and enjoy.  After which he waits his turn to return.   

Little Dee, No.1

Little Dee, No. 1 - Oil on Canvas, 2 x 2 inches with Easel $20.  Buy with Paypal This is an experiment  to force myself to say more with less.  Painting with less brushwork because I have to!  Also, I don't paint on canvas, so I have to get use to that.  But I am having fun.

Otter Mug Shot No. 6

Otter Mug Shot No. 6, 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Gessoboard Buy with Paypal  $ 60. The last day of 2014 finds me in the studio being inspired to paint another River Otter.  Just love these adorable playful creatures.  This otter and artist wish all a very safe and happy New Year's eve celebration.  I have my wonderful granddaughter visiting and soon we'll be hitting the market to load up a cart full of junk food.