Skip to main content

Painted My Apple


Pare Down Your Apple, Oil, 5 x 5 inches, $ 20.00

I decided to start my work week with the Daily Paintworks challenge: "Pare down your apple".  My apple is close to being applesauce because it is on the old side.  I might make some apple crisp later as temperatures are once again in the low 40's.  I have to cover my strawberry plants on a very high risk of frost.

The goal of the challenge is to paint an apple with as few brushstrokes as possible.  I could have stopped sooner into the process, but fell to temptation to adjust this... and than that  -.Brande    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

The Rare Snowman

The Rare Snowman, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Panel Sold - Thank you! It's a warmer day today and the one snowman in the neighborhood is not faring well.  In addition to melting he's got a problem with one of his twig arms.  I take Cooper & Cookie for short walks several times a day and when I saw what was happening to this guy, I knew I had to make a painting of him.   While returning home, I pondered  how many snowmen are not created because of video games.  I know that I don't see them much at all.