Skip to main content

White Rooster

5 x 5 inches, Oil on Board

SOLD

March is a hard month because one is pretty sick of winter by the time March rolls around.  March of 2013 came in like a Lion and is going to go out the same...snow and cold.  So I'm feeling cabin fever and was wondering what to paint.  Decided a rooster would be good and because there is so much white in my world right now, so is this rooster and his world.   

Comments

  1. such lovely grays. I really love the looseness of your work and your subject matter, the bee, the sheep, all great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

The Rare Snowman

The Rare Snowman, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Panel Sold - Thank you! It's a warmer day today and the one snowman in the neighborhood is not faring well.  In addition to melting he's got a problem with one of his twig arms.  I take Cooper & Cookie for short walks several times a day and when I saw what was happening to this guy, I knew I had to make a painting of him.   While returning home, I pondered  how many snowmen are not created because of video games.  I know that I don't see them much at all.