Skip to main content

Wilbur

Wilbur, 6 x 6 inches, Oil on Board with Palette Knife

This painting was inspired by this week's Daily Paintwork's challenge titled "Pop the Peacock Challenge".  Offered was a photograph of a marvelous peacock but he was in with a background that included buildings, stones and trees.  The challenge was to simplify the background. 

I'm pleased with the result, although Wilbur was more than a little upset about the pink background.  But he's a proud and secure peacock so he decided not to let his feathers get all riled up about it.  He has told me that I shouldn't pull this on a turkey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Conclave

ACEO, 2.5 x 3.5 inches Watercolor, $ 18. Buy with Paypal As of this posting the Roman Catholic Cardinals are still in conclave to discover the next pope.  I'm not Roman Catholic but I do have a wonderment about the this process because it's so entwined in mystery.   This little watercolor Cardinal was at my bird feeder where he grabbed a sunflower seed and quickly flew to a tree limb to perch and enjoy.  After which he waits his turn to return.   

Little Dee, No.1

Little Dee, No. 1 - Oil on Canvas, 2 x 2 inches with Easel $20.  Buy with Paypal This is an experiment  to force myself to say more with less.  Painting with less brushwork because I have to!  Also, I don't paint on canvas, so I have to get use to that.  But I am having fun.

Otter Mug Shot No. 6

Otter Mug Shot No. 6, 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Gessoboard Buy with Paypal  $ 60. The last day of 2014 finds me in the studio being inspired to paint another River Otter.  Just love these adorable playful creatures.  This otter and artist wish all a very safe and happy New Year's eve celebration.  I have my wonderful granddaughter visiting and soon we'll be hitting the market to load up a cart full of junk food.