Skip to main content

Ferret Angel

"Ferret Angel" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard

Nibblefest Art Contest, NFAC Sold, Thank you

The theme for the November 2014 Nibblefest is two creatures in one.  When I gave it some thought, I knew I was going to put angel wings on some kind of animal.  

Then I narrowed that animal down to either a Ferret or a Meerkat.  It wasn't until I actually sat down to paint that I decided to paint a Ferret.  So here you have it, a very hard to find Angel -Winged Ferret.  Like all NFAC or Nibblefest Art Contests, this piece opens with a bid of .99 cents and auction will close on November 27.

On another note, I received quite a bit of positive feedback from yesterday's post "Rocky".  I'm kinda glowing inside.  It was very nice opening so many emails. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

Cocco and a move

"Cocco" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard I have some news for those who subscribe and my collectors.  I'm moving back to Blogger.  It's been a long time and I tried another blogging venue.  It didn't work for me.  This artist has spent countless hours trying to get tech savvy.  I want to paint.  So stay tuned.  First post for 2017 coming shortly.