Skip to main content

The Amazing Nursing Cookie

Cookie is my Schnoodle, a breed that is fifty percent Mini-Schnazuer and fifty percent Mini-Poodle.  She's one hundred percent love.  We adopted her almost one year ago and at that time, she was two years old.  She still nurses.  Don't leave your blankie out, she'll gather up a musselful and go to town.

She's not picky about what blankie she nurses on.  It could be a Walmart couch throw at my house, or Macy's velvet on my daughter's couch.  I now pack nursing blankets for Cookie when we travel.

I'm so happy to be painting in oil again.  I painted this yesterday from a sketch and then  took it's picture on my cell phone, so it's not the best quality.  When dry, I'll scan it, but at least I've learned how to save phone pictures to the memory card, push the same card into my printer and SAVE the file.  This took about 4 hours to figure out, because I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to using photo-printer type devices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

Cocco and a move

"Cocco" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard I have some news for those who subscribe and my collectors.  I'm moving back to Blogger.  It's been a long time and I tried another blogging venue.  It didn't work for me.  This artist has spent countless hours trying to get tech savvy.  I want to paint.  So stay tuned.  First post for 2017 coming shortly.