Skip to main content

Yolkfish

 

"YolkFish" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard

OK folks, it's another "now I've seen everything moment"  Someone came up with a way to pluck a yolk from a freshly cracked egg.  How did I discover this invention?  Trying to find a fish to paint for this week's  Dailypaintworks challenge, posted by Carol Marine.  Scrolling through Google, I came across this fishy invention and Dah!  

Carol is very skilled at incorporating broken raw eggs as subjects in her paintings and she does it in a manner that rates high on the wow factor scale. Actually,  EVERYTHING Carol paints rates high on the wow factor scale.  So the Yolkfish invention is just too perfect for this week's fish challenge.

But I don't own a Yolkfish.  Well, I do have an artist licence and this is the outcome.  I do see in the near future, a package from amazon containing a Yolkfish will be at my doorstep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cardinal Conclave

ACEO, 2.5 x 3.5 inches Watercolor, $ 18. Buy with Paypal As of this posting the Roman Catholic Cardinals are still in conclave to discover the next pope.  I'm not Roman Catholic but I do have a wonderment about the this process because it's so entwined in mystery.   This little watercolor Cardinal was at my bird feeder where he grabbed a sunflower seed and quickly flew to a tree limb to perch and enjoy.  After which he waits his turn to return.   

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Little Dee, No.1

Little Dee, No. 1 - Oil on Canvas, 2 x 2 inches with Easel $20.  Buy with Paypal This is an experiment  to force myself to say more with less.  Painting with less brushwork because I have to!  Also, I don't paint on canvas, so I have to get use to that.  But I am having fun.