Skip to main content

Little Visitor

"Little Visitor" 5 x 5 inches, Oil on Gessoboard

Buy on Paypal $ 60.


This little girl, is inspired by a recent post to my facebook page.  Some people do a great job sharing their time and resources with Hummingbirds.  One woman set up many feeders for Hummingbirds just outside her living room where she keeps one window open.  

She enjoyed a little broad billed Hummingbird visitor who wanted to perch on her finger.  After a short while she flew to to feeder again to join the others but while the visit took place, someone filmed it and thus posted on facebook.

I have to say, these kind of posts make my day...maybe my week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

Cocco and a move

"Cocco" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard I have some news for those who subscribe and my collectors.  I'm moving back to Blogger.  It's been a long time and I tried another blogging venue.  It didn't work for me.  This artist has spent countless hours trying to get tech savvy.  I want to paint.  So stay tuned.  First post for 2017 coming shortly.