Skip to main content

Frosted Chickadee

4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard - $ 50.

Sold - Thank you

Back in the studio today after having my second Cardiac Ablation procedure on Tuesday, January 20.  Wow!  I believe a sure sign of a very good surgeon is how quick you recover.
I have a very, very, good electro- physiology surgeon because I'm really feeling great and thought about singing, but...I have a strong connection to a band of birds who sing while munching the black oil sunflower seeds at our feeders.  Of those, this Chickadee was my inspiration for today.  All is good because he did the singing and I did the painting. 
And one more item:  Prayer.  People prayed for me and I believe in the power of prayer.  I'm thankful for praying people,  my surgeon's skill and dedication and the LORD who guided his hands. 


Comments

  1. Another wonderful painting.
    Happy to know the surgery went well. Your attitude is fabulous! And so is your art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

Cocco and a move

"Cocco" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard I have some news for those who subscribe and my collectors.  I'm moving back to Blogger.  It's been a long time and I tried another blogging venue.  It didn't work for me.  This artist has spent countless hours trying to get tech savvy.  I want to paint.  So stay tuned.  First post for 2017 coming shortly.