Skip to main content

Pilates Bunny

4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard - Sold

I've been exercising lately.  My hope is to get some flexibility and muscle strength.  I've given up on loosing weight...but enough about that because today, I want to focus on the Easter Bunny.   Children really enjoy the special talents of the Easter bunny.  How he comes up with all kinds of hiding places for Easter Baskets and eggs.   I have wonderful memories of said activities stretching (pun intended) from my childhood to watching my granddaughter. 

So in honor of the yearly work of the Easter Bunny and my ever increasing need of exercise, I created Palates Bunny.  Why not combine the two?

Thinking more about the Easter Bunny, I wonder why he stops hiding eggs when the youngest child gets wise to him.  The last Easter Egg hunt I had was in 2011, when the Easter Bunny asked this grandma to hide all the freshly dyed eggs.  I didn't count or keep track of their location.  We ended thinking all were found but, my dog Cooper found the last egg about a week later.

I'll be enjoying the other side of Easter also.  Easter Sunday at Church.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piglet Oil Painting, "Hay Maze" by Brande Arno

The finished "Hay Maze"  Piglet Art I truly love how this piece came out.  I've been amazed at the pure color and beautiful brushwork of Angela Moulton's paintings. Every time I see her latest collection on YouTube, I am awestruck at how pure the background color is.  So I wanted to try my hand at upping background color value in my work.   Below is how I started: Hay Maze Start Here, I establish the main layout and gesture of this piglet's face.  I'm striving for something that looks painterly, yet would bring a smile to the face of the viewer, so this stage is important.  Also, color values on the pig are being set.   Hay Maze about halfway This is where I put that rich background color in.  Notice some neutral colors in with the bright.  I wouldn't want all bright green here as it would be like all caps when texting.  I'll re-post the final Hay Maze below: Lots of changes from the halfway point, ...

Double Take

Indigo Bunting, 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Board Click to Bid I'm fortunate to have a mated pair of Indigo Buntings visiting my bird feeder.  I say that because I've had the bird feeder for over 10 years and my first sighting was last week.  The male of this species sports stunning ocean blue feathers...some teal in there also. I paint with a very limited palette, so I was challenged to come up with the right mixtures.  But it wasn't very long before I realized that mixing the right "Indigo" color wouldn't be enough.  So I subdued everything else, to include his cute little beak.

Cocco and a move

"Cocco" 4 x 4 inches, Oil on Gessoboard I have some news for those who subscribe and my collectors.  I'm moving back to Blogger.  It's been a long time and I tried another blogging venue.  It didn't work for me.  This artist has spent countless hours trying to get tech savvy.  I want to paint.  So stay tuned.  First post for 2017 coming shortly.